Saturday, October 24, 2009

22nd entry - Another milestone

Today, another important milestone in my relationship with H was reached. What we had initially planned to be a date at the Singapore National Museum, had at the last minute became a "meet the parents" session in which both of us had afternoon buffet hi-tea at the Marriott Cafe with my mum.

I imagined how nervous and stressed out H must have been throughout the afternoon, especially considering that H knows how protective and sharp my mum is. Although I had checked with H whether H was comfortable with meeting my mum, I knew H would still be in a sort of dilemma, and it still took a lot of courage to go through it. For this, I love H even more.

H did really well. My mum was also in her best behaviour. I'm so grateful to God that the initial meeting turned out as well as it could have been, and it augured well for us because it meant my mum assessed that H is "safe" for me to go out with. Whether she liked for my relationship with H to develop is another more complex matter, but at least she has less reason to object to me seeing H.

Which is a very good thing, because I have come to be really fond of H. Ever since we became "exclusive" and then "official" as a couple, I am increasingly more and more in love with H. Not only do I enjoy H's company, but I also find that H and I are much more compatible than those I had dated in the past. H is mature and wise yet playful and cheeky in an adorable way; H is understanding and flexible for many things yet firm and uncompromising when it comes to things that mattered such as principles; H is practical and down to earth, but dares to dream and has ambitions; H takes control and initiatives in a sensible way, but also lets me take the wheel sometimes. All in all, we are achieving a sort of balance in our relationship which promotes healthy positve development.

I'm quite optimistic about how my relationship with H will develop. Of course, in life we can never be sure about what lies ahead, but I'm sure about how my heart feels about H and from what H tells me, my feelings are reciprocated.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home