Thursday, July 09, 2009

18th post - An end and a new beginning

"When one door closes on you, another door opens for you."

Three weeks after the end of my relationship with Sam, I made some new friends and got reacquainted with an old one. I also had time to attend church, after a long "sabbatical" from church.

At a church retreat to Tioman Island, I got to know some cool new friends. My roommate on the trip was a sweet bearded man - handsome, musically talented, a divorced grandfather from the US who was in Singapore to market his children's educational programme. My travelling companion was a friendly lady who enjoys snorkeling and adventure. We stayed at the Berjaya Beach resort, which had comfortable rooms (with bathtub) and well-equipped facilities. The food was quite good - there was even a BBQ dinner on the first night. I enjoyed a 60 minute detox facial (using clay mask) for RM160.

Last week, I learnt how to cook assam fish with a friend. He brought me to a wet market near his residence to buy the ingredients and then we prepared the dish at his apartment. It was quite a lot of work, but our efforts paid off as we were successful in cooking a tasty assam fish meal.

The messages delivered at Church were uplifting - reminders of who God means to us, and what we have to be thankful for. Many of the youngsters are very talented - one of them is one of 10 tenors in Singapore, another knows 10 different martial arts, and another is the art director of The Necessary Stage. I see a great future in our church - if these talents stay in Church and glorify God with their unique gifts and abilities.

At the time of writing this entry, I am undergoing 2 weeks of in-camp training, doing the most enjoyable activities that could ever be experienced by a national serviceman - swimming in low-chlorine pools, eating delicious glutinous rice balls at the canteen, chilling out in the library and jogging on a nature track. All in the name of serving the nation ... hahaha

Best of all, I have moved on.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Tef said...

Well, time does heal some wounds. The rest, learn from Stephanie Sun:

我已经 已经把我伤口化作玫瑰
我的泪水 已经变成雨水早已轮回
我已经 已经把对白流成了永远
忘了天色 究竟是黑是灰

Take care.

9:37 AM  
Blogger sunshine wallflower said...

thank you :-)

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home