Monday, August 02, 2010

9th entry - Meaningful Words

Today (1 Aug 2010), my sweetheart expressed a desire to be together with me until we are both old and grey. It may be cliche and old-fashioned, perhaps even a little too optimistic since relationships are increasingly fragile and temporal these days. However, it meant so much to me to hear it from my sweetheart because I know he meant it from the bottom of his heart. He also echoed what I had wanted to say to him but didnt have the courage to articulate, for good reason too. In all my past relationships I had thought that the person I was in love with then will be the ONE I will spend the rest of my life with. So what makes H different from the other guys?

I guess its really the way we connect. I feel totally comfortable whenever we are together, and I enjoy doing everything with him. I look forward to seeing him every weekend - in fact, everyday! He makes me laugh, comforts me whenever I feel sad or down, and is a source of encouragement. An SMS from him will brighten up my day, and hearing his voice makes me so happy. He is also unbearably cute, and unlike the hunks out there that occasionally catch my eye, I never grow tired of looking at him.

In one months' time we would have been together for a year! It sure doesnt feel like one year! The past 12 months have been the happiest time of my life, all because H have been part of it. I hope our relationship will keep on going strong and stand up to the test of time.

Darling, I look forward to growing older with you, to eventually have a chance to wash your dentures at night when your teeth fall out, and to help you take your daily medication ... To remember when each winkle on your forehead was formed and to count the number of aging spots on your body... kiss

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home